Re: [opensuse] 10.2 Postfix question
  • From: Sandy Drobic <suse-linux-e@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2006 22:17:26 +0100
Theo v. Werkhoven wrote:

Reporting-MTA: dns; jmorris.home
Arrival-Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2006 19:30:01 +0800 (PHT)

Final-Recipient: rfc822; report@xxxxxxxxxxx
Action: failed
Remote-MTA: dns; smtp.postoffice.net
Diagnostic-Code: smtp; 553 Invalid sender domain

Thanks for any help or insights you may have.

The mailserver at postoffice.net checked for the existence of
"jmorris.home", and couldn't find it, which is not surprising.

I think he already solved the problem, but asked why yast did not set up generic as required, when he configured postfix in yast.

Use an existing TLD (like "ntm.org") to send mail with and
recipients shall rejoyce..
You can put "myorigin = ntm.org" in main.cf

$myorigin will only be used to complete non-FQDN addresses, but will not rewrite an existing sender address user@xxxxxxxxxxxx

I can't really comment on the yast module for the postfix configuration, since I never used it (I always configure all files manually).

Sandy
--
List replies only please!