Re: [opensuse] "Real" programming
  • From: jdd <jdd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2006 18:28:27 +0100
Bernhard Walle a écrit :
* Sven Jacobs <sven.jacobs@xxxxxx> [2006-11-15 15:25]:
I remember now the name. It was "dashboard". It has a very nice virtual desktop manager (exactly like the one Kde uses today) and made windows 3.1 better than windows 95 that lacks this very usefull thing... as do XP today
Well the Windows-NVIDIA driver provides virtual desktops.

there are lots of third place desktops, but none I know as good as Kde one :-) (I use 8 desktops :-)

the point is that this was possible with hardware we got ten years ago, when Linux was not even a dream, and win never implemented it. I often ask myself why Win is a so badly build OS, with all the money and programmers BG got :-(

may be it's a luck for us, this gives us room :-)

jdd

--
http://www.dodin.net
http://dodin.org/mediawiki/index.php/GPS_Lowrance_GO