Re: [opensuse] Slow/paused HTTP requests
  • From: Darryl Gregorash <raven@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2006 04:09:28 -0600
On 2006-11-13 03:10, Pete Connolly wrote:

> Just as an aside, do you think it might be something to do with IPV6? Ive not
> updated the kernel to the same version as Sven's, but after tweaking both the
> sysconfig settings and Firefox's about:config page to ignore IPV6, my browser
> hasn't had a freeze or pause on a site for a long time.

Anything's worth a look, I suppose, but this would not explain why
Mozilla worked very well for so long, then without warning began to give
me such a problem. I have had IPv6 disabled in sysconfig since I figured
out how, and that seemed to take care of any hassles with Mozilla (that
in fact was the recommended solution for it back then).

Now we shall see if the additional setting in about:config will make a
difference.