Re: [opensuse] Duplicate Mails
  • From: Henne Vogelsang <hvogel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2006 15:46:42 +0100
Hi,

On Sunday, November 12, 2006 at 09:28:08, Patrick Shanahan wrote:

> * Anders Johansson <andjoh@xxxxxxxxxx> [11-12-06 09:19]:
> > This made me check my cyrus IMAP logs as well, and yes, I'm getting
> > duplicates as well. Cyrus is also very good at filtering them out
> >
> > Henne? It looks like the opensuse lists are sending everything out twice

It does not.

> I don't believe that it is the list software, but individual client's
> list address function. Mutt will address mail originally sent to
> suse-linux-e to both addresses

True. As we have the mailinglist headers pointing to opensuse and the
"to" is to suse-linux-e mutt will insert both into your mail.

> note: this _only_ happens to mail which was sent to suse-linux-e
> originally.

Exactly. Thats why posting to suse-linux-e is depreciated. Once all the
old suse-linux-e threads run out we wont have that problem anymore
(except someone uses the depreciated address).

Henne

--
Henne Vogelsang, http://hennevogel.de
"To die. In the rain. Alone."