Re: [opensuse] Duplicate Mails
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2006 14:33:46 +0100
Peter Cannon wrote:

> On Sunday 12 November 2006 12:33, Jan Engelhardt wrote:
>
>> There is also a good reason not to. Let's take the promiment example
>> of LKML, where you do not have to be subscribed. So you have to be
>> Cc'ed or To'ed somehow. Second case LKML: People throw all their list
>> mails into one folder (the unimportant stuff) and get a direct reply
>> for threads they have taken part in. That's why your patch is often
>> ignored when just submitted to lkml without any persons directly
>> cc'ed.
>
> Aaah!! this is starting to 'P&*$' me off its got to be the list
> sending me two of everything, I've heard of two for the price of one
> but its getting annoying

Apologies - I've just been checking my mail-logs, and I AM getting all
postings in duplo. I just feed all mailing-list mail into my
news-server, which is really good at dealing with duplicate messages.

In my case I am subscribed to both "opensuse@xxxxxxxxxxxx" and
"suse-linux-e@xxxxxxxx", but with two different addresses.

/Per Jessen, Zürich

--