Re: [opensuse] Re: [SLE] A five year deal with Microsoft to dump Novell/SUSE
  • From: "JJ Gitties" <jj.gitties@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2006 16:47:36 -0500
On 11/10/06, Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

JJ Gitties wrote:

> I am migrating to Ubuntu because, the way I see it, if I am going to
> use an alternative OS to "help the little guy who is trying to make a
> difference". Then by golly, it better be a "little guy".

There isn't very much about Mark Shuttleworth and his achievements that
says "little guy" to me.

> Once you partner with Microsoft corporation, you are not the poor
> struggling little guy trying to make that difference anymore.

I think Novell paid USD211million for SUSE - not much "little guy" there
either.

Okay. Well you are absolutely right. I think what I really meant was when I
say "little guy" is the guy who does not have a 90% monopoly grasp on the
OS, browser and application market.

--
jjgitties,

"*We* need to convince OpenSUSE to fork, or let 'em die. To bad, it is a
wonderful Distro. But their parent company is NOT our friend."
< Previous Next >