Re: [SLE] Smart stuff
  • From: Sunny <sloncho@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 1 Oct 2006 06:50:42 +0000 (UTC)
On 10/1/06, Bob S wrote:

Fetching packages...
-> http://ftp.gwdg.de/pub/linux/.../libxml++-2.14.0-1.guru.suse100.x86_64.rpm
-> http://packman.inode.at/.../libffmpeg0-0.4.9-7.pm.svn20060924.x86_64.rpm
libffmpeg0-0.4.9-7.pm.svn2006.. [
21%]
libxml++-2.14.0-1.guru.suse10.. [
21%]
-> http://packman.inode.at/suse/10.1/./x86_64/knemo-0.4.5-0.pm.1.x86_64.rpm
-> http://packman.inode.at/suse/10.1/./x86_64/gengetopt-2.18-0.pm.1.x86_64.rpm
gengetopt-2.18-0.pm.1.x86_64...

Notice that even though the first line states "guru.suse100.x86_64." and will
download those packages, while lines 6 & 7 ask for packages from 10.1.
Naturally they don't download or upgrade stating that it is an unexpected
package size. What ????? is going on here ??

Looks like the metadata for the repository is broken. I have exactly
the same problem (version/arch). Earlier yesterday I have send email
to packman, so they can fix it.

Svetoslav Milenov (Sunny)

Windows is a 32-bit extension to a 16-bit graphical shell for an 8-bit
operating system originally coded for a 4-bit microprocessor by a
2-bit company that can't stand 1 bit of competition.