Re: [SLE] Firefox 2.0 out
  • From: "PerfectReign" <suse@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2006 20:10:38 +0000 (UTC)

On Tue, October 24, 2006 11:29 am, Stan Glasoe wrote:
> On Monday 23 October 2006 22:54, Carl William Spitzer IV wrote:
>> On Mon, 2006-10-23 at 08:01 -0700, PerfectReign wrote:
>> > For those interested, FF 2.0 is now out. It was supposed to be out
>> > tomorrow, but for those who can't wait...
>> >
>> > http://releases.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/firefox/releases/2.0/linux-
>> >i686/en-US/
>> >
>> > ...I'm downloading it now.
>> >
>> > I'm getting kind of tired of Opera, as it just doesn't do things
>> the
>> > way I want. FF - even though it looks like a crappy GTK+ app -
>> just
>> > works better.
>>
>> http://www.internetpei.com/balls/
>>
>> > --
>>
>> Seems this site no longer works as it does under firefox 1.5.0.x.
>> It needs an updated jre which though a rpm gives me dependency
>> issues
>> under Suse 9.2
>>
>> Ill have to test under 10.0. But for now it seems not to be ready
>> for
>> prime time.
>>
>> CWSIV
>
> You need to do a symlink from
> /usr/lib/browser-plugins/libjavaplugin_oji.so
> to wherever you've installed Firefox 2.0 and its plugins directory.

Yes, exactly.

Stan - or others - how do I globally symbolicaly link the default
plugins directory to my new one?

For example, I have a bunch of plugins (including Java) in
/usr/lib/broweser-plugins

I did a symbolic link to java by going to the
/home/kai/apps/firefox/plugins directory and typing ln -s
/usr/lib/browser-plugins/libjavaplugin_oji.so

How do I get the rest?

--
Kai Ponte