Re: [SLE] KMail
  • From: Brad Bourn <brad@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2006 15:34:01 +0000 (UTC)
On Thursday 26 October 2006 9:25 am, stephan beal wrote:
> On Thursday 26 October 2006 15:34, Randall R Schulz wrote:
> > "Everything else" does not require a double-click to activate. In KDE
> > it's an option, whose default seems to have changed from single-click
> > to double-click to activate / open, which I don't personally care
> > for. I set KDE to double-click activation.
>
> Just a quick tip: after using single-click for 1/2 hour or so, you'll
> get used to it. You'll get so used to it, in fact, that double-clicking
> seems downright barbaric and wasteful. In Windows i also turn on the
> single-click option because it's just plain painful to have to
> double-click when a single click will do, and clicking is probably the
> most common activity in a GUI environment.

Agreed. In fact, I like the single-click implementation in KDE better that in
Doze, but definitely single-click.
And as long as we're on the subject, one other thing that I find EXTREMELY
usefull that ~isn't~ implemented in Doze, and seems invaluable now that I'm
used to it is the ALT-Click window functionality. When you hold the ALT key
down, the application inside the windows won't get ANY of the mouse events,
instead the window manager does (KDE). What the window manager does is if
the left mouse button is pressed (while holding down the ALT key), is move
the entire window, no matter where the mouse is positioned. No need to grab
the title bar. The right button will resize the window. Where the curser is
when you press the right button determines whether the window is sized
horizontally or vertically or both.

FYI

B-)