Re: [SLE] KMail (originally but wandering)
  • From: Michael James <Michael.James@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2006 01:39:29 +0000 (UTC)
On Friday 27 October 2006 3:23 am, stephan beal wrote:
> There are two features i really miss when i must work under Windows:
>
> a) The alt/mouse moving/resizing of windows.
>
> b) The ability to wheel-scroll an arbitrary window or scrolling UI
> control without having to bring it to the front. In Doze you have to
> explicitely give that control focus before you can scroll it with the
> wheel. There is an "X-mouse-mode" add-on for Windows, but (again) it's
> an add-on kludge and doesn't work as nearly nicely as that feature
> under X11.

c) "Focus follows mouse", I can be typing into a background terminal,
while reading from the man page in the foreground.

d) Centre click the titlebar to send a window to the back.
Still haven't figured out how to get that on a Mac and it frustrates me.

e) Multiple desktops is much better integrated in X
than any of the add-ons for Mac or Windows,
but it still needs more work. (to tie an application to a desktop)

X rocks.

--
Michael James michael.james@xxxxxxxx
System Administrator voice: 02 6246 5040

No matter how much you pay for software,
you always get less than you hoped.
Unless you pay nothing, then you get more.

< Previous Next >