Re: [SLE] SuSE 10.2 Beta 1 DVD torrent
  • From: Clayton <smaug42@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 28 Oct 2006 10:05:31 +0000 (UTC)
You don't say if you installed the 32-bit or the 64-bit version. I
suspect that it is the 64-bit version because I cannot install the
32-bit version (from discs, but I cannot see how it would be different
even if it came on a DVD).

I almost always opt for the 32 bit verison for day-to-day desktop use
- removes the hassle of the mess it creates when you want to add in
things like Flash or multimedia support (ie the w32codec pack). So...
this was teh 32 bit version from the DVD iso installed on an AMD X2
3800+ (dual core), Asrock motherboard, Soundblaster Audigy, nVidia
6600GT etc etc. Basically a fairly normal recently built computer.

Assuming that it is the 64-bit version, what happens when you try and
use Yast/YOU to look at what software is installed and also attempt an
online update?

Haven't been able to attempt an online update - had some router issues
when I did the install... sort the router problems, and will be
booting back to 10.2 in a while to try out the update mechanism.

C.

< Previous Next >