Re: increasing DPI
  • From: stephan beal <stephan@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 29 Oct 2006 10:04:42 +0000 (UTC)
On Sunday 29 October 2006 10:50, stephan beal wrote:
> Yesterday my mother bought me a 32" LG L3200T Flatron monitor. It's
> beautiful. i almost get whiplash turning my head to see both sides of
> it at once.
>
> The problem is, at 1600x1200 resolution (the highest it will go), i
> have a pitiful DPI, and text is really blurry.
>
> xdpyinfo | grep resolution
> resolution: 43x58 dots per inch

i re-ran sax2. While the text in the menus is too small to read w/o
*very* careful attention, i found that sax had correctly determined the
monitor, but incorrectly set the size - it was set to 42" instead of
32. Knocking it down to 32" gives me a more acceptable, but still
notably fuzzy, display:

xdpyinfo | grep resolution
resolution: 58x70 dots per inch

--
----- stephan@xxxxxxxx http://s11n.net
"...pleasure is a grace and is not obedient to the commands