Re: [SLE] Win list?
  • From: Doug McGarrett <dmcgarrett@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 29 Oct 2006 19:11:59 +0000 (UTC)
At 03:03 PM 10/29/2006 +0530, Duff Mckagan wrote:

>On 10/29/06, Doug McGarrett <dmcgarrett@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> Is there a list like this for Win XP? Google
>> was not helpful.
>> (I'm having trouble recognizing hard drives.
>> Without fdisk, I don't know how to find hard
>> drives. BIOS knows they're there.)
>

>You mean to say a Mailing List like this one for Windows XP?
>Well...there might be a lotta mailing list about Windows XP on the Internet,
>but I am doubtful Microsoft by itself supports such mailing lists.
>
>They have good documentation though. If you can't find something, its always
>good to search in he Microsoft Knowledge Base.
>
>Do you mean to say that your Windows XP is not recognizing your hard drives
>at all?
>If not, then how is it being able to boot..lol?
>And if you mean to say that you cannot boot, then how can you draw the
>conclusion that Windows ain't recognizing your Hard Drives?
>
>Quite confusing lol..
>Any error message you are getting would be quite helpful to sort out the
>problem..i guess.

Thanx, I'll go find the MS knowledge base. XP recognizes the hda drive, as
a C drive, and Linux is also on some other partitions on this drive. But
there
are two more physical drives in the box, which BIOS can see, but XP can't.
I'll try Linux on them, and see what I can do that way. It's goofy. (I've
actually
been running another version of Linux on another box, since with the
Ethernet connection on this MOBO, Linux can't read the mail. Nothing's
ever easy.)