Re: [SLE] New system -- 10.0 or 10.1?
  • From: Hans Witvliet <hwit@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 10 Sep 2006 20:20:37 +0000 (UTC)
On Thu, 2006-09-07 at 00:14 +1000, Basil Chupin wrote:
> Joachim Schrod wrote:
> > John Andersen wrote:
> >>
> >> 10.1: automount no longer works
> >> and there is no plans to fix it,
> >
> > Really? autofs has gone?
> > Or do you mean subfs?
> >
> > The former would be horrible. The latter, well, at least I can live
> > without it; there are alternatives like autofs or ivman.
>

> autofs is there but not activated. You have to activate it yourself.
>
> Now, if you know what to put into the config file would you please let
> me know? :-) . I can't refer to what's in 10.0 'cause I longer have it
> installed and reading the man pages is like trying to understand ancient
> Latin. (Manuals are specifically written for those who don't need manuals.)

It's true.
Worst kind are those pages who refer to a html/pdf pages (nice if you
have only a minimal installation and no tools to read them.
What realy pisses me of when they refer to info on Internet.
Often these systems you work on have NO external connection because of
security reasons, or you lack the means for connecting to the net
(missing drivers ;-(

Hans
--
pgp-id: 926EBB12
pgp-fingerprint: BE97 1CBF FAC4 236C 4A73 F76E EDFC D032 926E BB12

< Previous Next >