Re: [SLE] Gmail whine
  • From: Adolph & Sharon Weidanz <timetopaws@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2006 22:21:48 +0000 (UTC)

Patrick Shanahan wrote:
> * James Watkins <misterwatto@xxxxxxxxx> [09-12-06 06:54]:
>> Sorry, I've got no idea about your udev problem but I sympathise with
>> your gmail problem, not receiving my own posts annoys the hell out of
>> me.
>
> There is a solution. I use gmail and receive *all* my own postings.
>
> I use fetchmail to dl mail from gmail and post via my isp using a my
> gmail address as $envelope_from. This way it is possible to use *any*
> "From: " address. Also gmail has no record of my posting so it appears
> as new gamil.
>
> mutt is a dog. :^)

I'll have to look at this... BUT one problem I see is that I don't have
a real isp. I have to use gmail as the smtp because my internet access
is through cingular's EDGE/GSM network and afaik there is no smtp just
the actual connection.

When I get the time maybe I'll set up an exim/sendmail box or
something.. Of course it's not worht it until I get the stupid card to
work on the desktop....
- --
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes

?To announce that there must be no criticism of the president, or that
we are to stand by the president, right or wrong, is not only
unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American
public.? [Theodore Roosevelt] 1918

Adolph & Sharon Weidanz SuSE 10.1
'78 43' Endeavour Ketch Folding@Home Team 45
S/V Time To Paws