yast: how to set up static DHCP addresses
  • From: stephan beal <stephan@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2006 13:15:52 +0000 (UTC)
Yo!

i'm running a dhcp server on suse 10.1 and use yast to set it up. i'd
like to assign static DHCP addresses to my 2 laptops. i know this can
be done (read "done it before") via dhcp by storing the MAC addresses
in the dhcp config, but i don't see how to do this via yast.

Is it possible with yast or must i manually edit the dhcp config for
this?

i know someone's going to ask, "why assign a static IP via dhcp?" so
i'll answer in advance: i need to make a port forward from my
dhcp/router machine to one of my laptops so my boss can get to that
machine. i don't want to always have to update my firewall settings to
change the IP of the target machine. i use dhcp because it sets up the
routing/dns for the hosted machines, saving me from that administrative
tedium.

--
----- stephan@xxxxxxxx http://s11n.net
"...pleasure is a grace and is not obedient to the commands