Re: [SLE] yast: how to set up static DHCP addresses
  • From: Puneit Singh <puneit.singh@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2006 13:32:34 +0000 (UTC)
On Thursday 14 September 2006 18:43, stephan beal wrote:
> Yo!
>
> i'm running a dhcp server on suse 10.1 and use yast to set it up. i'd
> like to assign static DHCP addresses to my 2 laptops. i know this can
> be done (read "done it before") via dhcp by storing the MAC addresses
> in the dhcp config, but i don't see how to do this via yast.
>
> Is it possible with yast or must i manually edit the dhcp config for
> this?
>
> i know someone's going to ask, "why assign a static IP via dhcp?" so
> i'll answer in advance: i need to make a port forward from my
> dhcp/router machine to one of my laptops so my boss can get to that
> machine. i don't want to always have to update my firewall settings to
> change the IP of the target machine. i use dhcp because it sets up the
> routing/dns for the hosted machines, saving me from that administrative
> tedium.

I don't know if this is what you are looking for but then see if it works for
you
Go to Gecko-> System->YaST Control centre->Enter root password->select Network
Devices-> On the right hand pane select -> Network Card ->Click on next ->
Select your card and click on Edit->Make sure you are on the Address tab->
Click the radio button Static Address Setup.
You can even change the DNS server name under Host name and server name
For the Default Gateway make changes in the Routing

--
Puneit Singh
0091-9350832020