Re: [SLE] yast: how to set up static DHCP addresses
  • From: Puneit Singh <puneit.singh@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2006 13:32:34 +0000 (UTC)
On Thursday 14 September 2006 18:43, stephan beal wrote:
> Yo!
> i'm running a dhcp server on suse 10.1 and use yast to set it up. i'd
> like to assign static DHCP addresses to my 2 laptops. i know this can
> be done (read "done it before") via dhcp by storing the MAC addresses
> in the dhcp config, but i don't see how to do this via yast.
> Is it possible with yast or must i manually edit the dhcp config for
> this?
> i know someone's going to ask, "why assign a static IP via dhcp?" so
> i'll answer in advance: i need to make a port forward from my
> dhcp/router machine to one of my laptops so my boss can get to that
> machine. i don't want to always have to update my firewall settings to
> change the IP of the target machine. i use dhcp because it sets up the
> routing/dns for the hosted machines, saving me from that administrative
> tedium.

I don't know if this is what you are looking for but then see if it works for
Go to Gecko-> System->YaST Control centre->Enter root password->select Network
Devices-> On the right hand pane select -> Network Card ->Click on next ->
Select your card and click on Edit->Make sure you are on the Address tab->
Click the radio button Static Address Setup.
You can even change the DNS server name under Host name and server name
For the Default Gateway make changes in the Routing

Puneit Singh