Re: [SLE] kernel update version 2.6.16.21-0.13-default
  • From: Ed McCanless <e_mccanless@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 17 Sep 2006 04:10:23 +0000 (UTC)

Carlos E. R. wrote:

I have plenty of space left. Usage on hda2 is only 26% of 20GB. The larger partition, hda3, is 14.5% of 89.8GB.

According to the files Joe Morris advised me to check, it looks like modules for both kernels are there somewhere:

# ls /lib/modules
2.6.16.21-0.13-default 2.6.16.21-0.21-default

# rpm -qa | grep kernel
kernel-default-2.6.16.21-0.21
kernel-docs-2.6.16.13-4

The kernel-docs don't match, but I'm used to seeing out of date docs.
Then there is the check you had me run:

Ran uname -r
2.6.16.13-4-default

It seems the system is giving conflicting reports depending on where the info is drawn from.
As to the re-install you advised, I'm sure that would be fastest, but if proceeding another way will provide useful info for anyone I am willing. I'm sure I would learn from the experience.