Re: [SLE] Yast partitioning tool can't set mount points
  • From: Paul Abrahams <abrahams@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 17 Sep 2006 22:01:30 +0000 (UTC)
On Sunday 17 September 2006 5:49 pm, Anders Johansson wrote:
> On Sunday 17 September 2006 22:05, Paul Abrahams wrote:
> > I'm running the Yast partitioning tool from the 10.0 boot DVD. The
> > section of the settings for specifying the mount point of a partition is
> > greyed out for all the partitions. If I try to save the table I get a
> > message:
> >
> > Yast2 needs a root partition to install.
> > Assign the mount point "/" to a partition.
> >
> > I have a perfectly fine root partition (it even has a "root" label) but
> > Yast won't let me assign a mount point to it or to any other one either.
>
> Do you have it set to be formatted as anything?

It was already formatted and had useful contents, so I wasn't going to disturb
it. But in fact all the other partitions have the same problem in the
partitioner in the 10.0 installer. And they don't have the problem in an
ordinary Yast.

It's not at all clear to me why the mount point section would ever be grayed
out by the partitioner, especially since the blurb on the side says that
anything can be changed. In fact, nothing can be changed.

Paul