ZMD does not appear to be running
  • From: Ed McCanless <e_mccanless@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2006 15:30:55 +0000 (UTC)
Now that I have overcome the kernel update, with the help of my friends,
I am ready to get back to fixing zmd.
I saw something about deleting files in /var/lib/zmd, and /var/lib/zypp,
referred to again by John Andersen in a recent post. I think I have that
mail in my other computer.
My system always starts with a pop-up message "ZMD does not appear to be
running." I t was doing this before my recent problem with the kernel
update.
Is the solution referred to above a likely fix, and is fixing ZMD a good
thing to do yet? The last time I tried to get it working , my ability
to install anything ceased for about a week.
--ED--