Re: [SLE] nvidia resolution
  • From: Rajko M <rmatov101@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2006 03:33:56 +0000 (UTC)

> Section "Device"
> BoardName "GeForce4 MX 420"
> BusID "1:0:0"
> Driver "nvidia"
> Identifier "Device[0]"
> VendorName "NVidia"
> EndSection
>
> the resolution i like is 1152x864_75hz!
>

> So we i change the xorg.conf the module to just "glx" and "other module"
> the screen go to shell. And i have to run the sax2 and everthing back to
> normal!
> so someone have any solution!
>
> Be health

When X can't start, the best way is to see /var/log directory,
files Xorg.0.log and SaX.log. They contain details what xorg server or
sax tried, what failed, what passed the test. That way you can see why
your preferred resolution is not accepted.

If sax or xorg server can't find modeline for your resolution listed in
Modes section that is usable for both, card and monitor, than it will be
not used.

I would check details in Monitor section and compare with monitor
specifications.
If it is listed exactly what the manual tells than you are probably out
of luck, but if it is not, than change values for HorizSync and
VertRefresh to those listed by the manual.
Than run
init 3
sax2 -s
to force usage of xorg.conf instead of sax HW information.

You can also try
sax2 --vesa 0:1152x864@75
to see is that resolution possible with your hardware.
For more options look in
man sax2

BTW, what is the reason that you want that pretty exotic resolution with
card that can much more.

--
Regards,
Rajko.