SuSE QEMU & Windows XP guest
  • From: Ronald Wiplinger <ronald@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2006 23:30:56 +0000 (UTC)
I want to switch all my computers to SuSE, but there are still some programs I need, which are running under Windows.

I would like to find somebody who is using SuSE as host and Windows XP as guest, who can give me some hints.

Some of the questions are:

1. How to set it up?
2. Can I do a pre-work and set it up under XP first and use the image than later under SuSE?
3. I have some programs, e.g. Rosetta Stones which requires a key which is different with each installation. How will this be with QEMU? If I use this QEMU image on another computer? and if I use this image (if possible) under another host?
4. I need to have network access
5. I need to have USB support (camera, card readers, scanner, phone, iPod), which I cannot yet or some never move to Linux.
6. I want to use samba with the host and with my other servers.
7. I want to use for all kind of "data" a hard disk (or space on a server), so that the images are always "clean" and can be reused without data. Personal settings are ok.

I hope I can get many hints to get this transition soon.

bye

Ronald