HP Laptop froze with CAPS lock blinking
  • From: Rylan Cottrell <cottrell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2006 18:22:42 +0000 (UTC)

My computer HP dv4000 just froze, and the caps lock light was blinking.
This is the third time it has happen and every time it occurs I am
always doing something different and does not occur at a regular
interval. The commonality is I am typing. And the only way to recover is
to do a hard reboot.

I have check the logs and no error messages are generated. The only
thing I could think of is some how I am forcing the comp into a
sleep/hibernate mode through the use of the fn key. I should also note
that when I was typing I did not press the caps key. The only problem is
when I try to reproduce the problem nothing happens. So I am to think
maybe some else is causing the problem. Has anyone else come across or
know what this problem is?

Cheers
Rylan

< Previous Next >