Re: SPAM: Re: [SLE] SPAM: MailScanner & Postfix
  • From: Sandy Drobic <suse-linux-e@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 6 Aug 2006 20:08:47 +0000 (UTC)

This should give you a working installation without any whistles and bells. If you don't have a list with valid addresses then you either need to extract it (use an automated script later), use address verification ( postfix asks the internal server if the address is valid),
This is very promising. How does this work against an Exchange server?

See above. More details are available on the postfix site:
http://www.postfix.org/ADDRESS_VERIFICATION_README.html#recipient

There are scripts available that can extract the valid recipients from an exchange server. If you have ldap enabled you can use a script on the mail gateway to query the server directly.

Here are two links I found in my bookmarks to create a relay_recipient_maps file:
http://www.mailscanner.info/serve/cache/290.html
http://www.unixwiz.net/techtips/postfix-exchange-users.html

We use a Domino environment in our company, so I can't give you specific exchange help.

Sandy
--
List replies only please!