Gutenprint revisited
  • From: BandiPat <penguin0601@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2006 03:03:59 +0000 (UTC)
To all interested parties,

I recently sent an email to the list asking if anyone had used or if
there was a SUSE rpm for the new Gutenprint due to replace the
gimp-print we now use with CUPS. I don't recall seeing any replies, so
this past weekend I decided to create a proper rpm and test.

I'm happy to report success on both! I can honestly say, using the new
printer drivers, I managed to actually get good printouts from Gimp for
the very first time! The printer control is exceptional for the
supported models and it appears even the text output is improved. I've
tested in several programs, from text editors up and all have been
improved. I recommend all here that does printing of any type take the
time to install this and use it! Job well done Gutenprint developers.

happy printing,
Lee

--
-- KMail v1.9.4 -- KDE v3.5 -- SuSE Linux v10.1 --
Registered Linux User #225206