Re: [SLE] Why does SuSE tweak software so much that it no longer work with other programs?
  • From: Avi Schwartz <opensuse@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 20 Aug 2006 07:11:44 +0000 (UTC)
Sorry to disagree, but this is a perfectly valid question to be asked in this group. It is NOT off topic and it is not "Polemic". The fact is that SuSE's packaging causes problem with other programs that a user may want to run on their system. As someone that is using SuSE and just spent hours trying to figure out why things don't work, I think I have the right to bring this issues up and if you have a problem with that, well, tough.

Avi

Per Jessen wrote:
Avi Schwartz wrote:

So now back to my question. Why does SuSE tweak packages so much that
they break interoperability between different programs?

I suspect your question is actually off-topic here - if you have a technical
problem, you're in the right place, but your question is more of the
polemic kind, I would say.
Maybe try suse-ot@xxxxxxxx ?

/Per Jessen, Zurich

< Previous Next >