Re: [SLE] Why does SuSE tweak software so much that it no longer work with other programs?
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 20 Aug 2006 20:26:30 +0000 (UTC)
Darryl Gregorash wrote:

> On 20/08/06 14:02, Per Jessen wrote:
>> <snip>
>> Secondly, describe
>>your problem and ask technical, not polemic questions. Just a
>>suggestion, you are of course free to choose.
> Per, just what in hell is your problem? Avi asked two *very* specific
> questions, both of which he had to resolve by removing the SuSE
> edition of the packages and installing directly from the product
> developer. What is more specific than that?

His main question was "Re: [SLE] Why does SuSE tweak software so much
that it no longer work with other programs?" - what "in hell" is more
unspecific than that?

> Based on this and your original reply to him, I have to suspect that
> you didn't even bother to read everything he asked, particularly not
> the middle where the problems are described. You seem to have switched
> off after reading the subject line and the very last line of the
> message.

Avis post provided very little in terms of appropriate information
needed to diagnose his problem. That combined with his main question
is just not conducive to solving his problem.

/Per Jessen, Z├╝rich

< Previous Next >