Re: [opensuse] rpm's do not recognize system architechure
  • From: "Patrick Shanahan" <ptilopteri@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2006 16:19:42 -0400
On 8/21/06, Andreas Hanke <andreas.hanke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Patrick Shanahan schrieb:
> 15:47 wahoo:~/work # rpm2cpio.pl ./rpm-4.4.2-43.4.x86_64.rpm | cpio -id
> Error: header not recognized
> cpio: premature end of archive

I know. The script does not work. I should have checked that before.

> guess I'll have to go the 'RESCUE' route.

Not if you can get rpm.x86_64 in a different format from somewhere.

And you can. It's already in your inbox.

OK, thanks. rpm works correctly now, but I have lost myself as user. I
cannot log in or access any files. It's like I no longer have permission.
I cannot even log onto a console. I went to init 1 and back to three but
still cannot login :^( ???

Do I need to reboot (wouldn't think)?

To install rpm, I opened the tarball in mc and copied each directory across
to the proper locations. Did that screw the system ??

All I can think to do atm, is add a new user and then move my home directory
across ??

tks,
HOG # US1244711 Photo Album: http://wahoo.no-ip.org/photos