Re: [opensuse] Why Red Hat will go bust because of Ubuntu
  • From: Andreas Hanke <andreas.hanke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 08 Aug 2006 19:22:46 +0200
Hi,

SOTL schrieb:
> Something is drastly wrong here.
>
> Mandrake 10.1 commerical which is over 3 years old has the programs
> required to make Thinkpad wind modems work and they do work..
>
> SuSE 10.1 commerical does not have such programs and it is only 3 months
> old and it does not work.

Continuing like this is pointless.

WHICH modem is it? There are different ThinkPads with different modems.

Please install SUSE, execute "/usr/sbin/hwinfo --modem" and post the
output here.

This will show us which modem it is, which kernel module it needs and
then we can jointly investigate why it is not included.

Andreas Hanke