Re: [opensuse] Novell GPL violation thread on Groklaw
  • From: Thomas Hertweck <Thomas.Hertweck@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 09 Aug 2006 01:11:18 +0200

Jerry Westrick wrote:
> On Tuesday 08 August 2006 20:39, Thomas Hertweck wrote:
> > [...]
> > Don't misunderstand me, I do not have a problem with the current
> > situation! [...]
>
> I don't understand any of this.

If you don't understand anything, why...

> Are you proposing that Novell intentionally hid the link so that people cannot
> get to the source code when they wanted it? This I would think not.

...do you accuse me of making silly proposals? Read the whole thread!
I didn't start the discussion, I was just reporting what other people
have complained about on other mailing lists or forums, and this was
clearly marked in my first email. What part of my statement cited above,
"I don't have a problem with the current situation", didn't you understand?
I don't like it at all if people deliberately try to change the meaning of my
words. You should send your questions to the OP, not to me... My latest
comment was about the GPL and the interpretation of "written offer valid
for three years" in paragraph 3b that has to accompany the binary code.
I am just curious whether a series of links to web sites is indeed in
compliance with this paragraph.

Cheers,
Th.