Re: [SLE] Epson R800 & R1800
  • From: "Fred A. Miller" <fmiller@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 01 Jul 2006 02:37:37 -0400
Dave Barton wrote:
On Fri, 2006-06-30 at 23:48 -0400, BandiPat wrote:

Hi all,
Ok, all those using high end printers. Anyone with the above printer/s using it with SuSE 10.0 or 10.1, successfully? Seems like Fred had the R800, but I haven't heard anyone mention the R1800. I think they are pretty close from what info I could gather. Epson has a driver for the R800 available for Linux, which should work for the R1800 as well. It just won't use all the extra features of the R1800. I know gimp-print doesn't support it, but the new gutenprint does/will.

I don't think SuSE has incorporated Gutenprint into the distro yet, so that counts that out for the moment? Anyone with other info, please pass it along.

TIA
Lee

Turboprint supports both: http://www.turboprint.de/english.html
Works well for me. Not FLOSS, but not overly expensive Approx. US$ 39.00
There is a trial version, so Fred is not happy with it he has lost
nothing.

'Doesn't support my HP 7850. :(

Fred