Re: [SLE] suse 10.0 and KDE Accessability
  • From: "Bryan S. Tyson" <bryantyson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 1 Jul 2006 14:14:31 -0400
On Saturday 01 July 2006 02:29 am, Art Fore wrote:
> I have KTTS, Festival, and Kmouth all installed. I can select text in
> KPDF, right click, and there is a speak text option. Selecting that, it
> speaks the text. Question is, how do you do this with Kword, Konqueror,
> etc?

On the KDE desktop, or maybe use a panel button so it will not be covered by
your running applications, place an icon with this action:

dcop klipper klipper getClipboardContents | fmt | festival --tts

Then simply highlight text with the mouse and click the icon. The highlighted
text is read to you. Very cool.

(I would like to acknowledge that this tip originally came from another list
member. I do not have the person's name, but I saved the tip and have been
using it!)

Bryan