Re: [SLE] Re: suse 10.0 and KDE Accessability
  • From: Bob S <usr@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Jul 2006 01:03:56 -0400
On Monday 03 July 2006 04:37, Masaru Nomiya wrote:
> Hello,
>
> More important thing.
>
> Does festival work on your system?

Hello Masaru, Thanks for replying.

Welllll...I am not sure exactly. I downloaded and installed KTTS and it works
for the clipboard and text files. It uses festival.

> In my case.
>
> festival> (SayText "Hello, World")
> works, but

That does not work for me. I get:
bob@EasyStreet:/> festival> (SayText "Hello, World")
bash: syntax error near unexpected token `('
bob@EasyStreet:/>

> # festival --tts <text file>
>
> doesn't work.

For me neither. I get:
bob@EasyStreet:~/Documents> festival --tts Mary_Jones.letter
pipe_open: failed to start audsp
Audio spooler has died unexpectedly

> So, I compiled festival with gcc4 patch for festival and speech_tools.
>
> Now, it works fine for me.
>
> If you want to compile, I'll send you the patch files.

So, I don't know if I must do that or not. As I said above, I have KTTS
working OK. I don't mind re-compiling if that is necessary. I don't have KTTS
working in Kmail and that is what I need. I must do more research. Send me
the patches if you don't mind and I will decide whether it is neccessary or
not.

Thanks again, and regards to you also.

Bob S.