Re: [SLE] mount: only root can mount /dev/hdd on /media/dvdrecorder
  • From: Darryl Gregorash <raven@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 09 Jul 2006 03:16:30 -0600
On 08/07/06 00:43, steve wrote:
>Here is my line from /etc/fstab
>
>/dev/hdd /media/dvdrecorder subfs
>noauto,fs=cdfss,ro,procuid,nosuid,nodev,exec,iocharset=utf8 0 0
>
>How can I make it so that users can access the dvd drive?
>
>Thanks, Steve.

I don't understand the problem. The filesystem is subfs, so the drive
should be automatically mounted as soon as you put in a disc. To make
life even easier, the drive should be automatically umounted as soon as
you eject. I just verified all this on my own system, SuSE 9.3, with an
fstab entry identical to yours.