Re: [SLE] Why this mailing list can not reply to it self?
  • From: Daniel Bauer <linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2006 16:01:13 +0200
Am Freitag, 14. Juli 2006 14:53 schrieb The Nice Spider:
> strange,
>
> 1. when i post to this mailing list, all text will
> wrapping to 40 chars,
> even my Outlook Express set to 76 chars.
> 2. when i press reply to any email in this mailing
> list, the "to address" is
> the "address of who send the email". in other mailing
> list it will show the
> "address of suse mailing list". so, I must press
> send to BOTH "the sender and the suse linux email".
> can moderator fixed this
> bug?
> please try Yahoo groups mailing list if you need any
> example to fix this
> bug. when you reply Yahoo groups mailing list then
> email will be send to
> yahoo groups address NOT the sender address.

I read this kind of complaint countless times since I read this list. I
understand the reason why the list owners do it this way, is has been
explained over and over.

But somehow I can also understand why the same thing is coming up again and
again. Up to right now it is very difficult, if not impossibe, to find
anything in the archive because of all those spam messages. Maybe, when the
mail archive will be better one day, it will be easier to find threads that
already discussed a problem.

The funny thing about the mentioned issue is, that my e-mail client (kmail)
(almost) always automatically replies to the list if I hit the "reply"-icon,
with few exceptions, and then I can simply choose with a right click to whom
I want the answer to be sent - if I don't forget it ;-).

However, you said you use outlook express and so I really don't feel any
sympathy: MS E-Mail clients are made to open your system to attackers and to
spread viruses etc. E-Mailing is just a side effect, because this ability is
needed to achieve the said. I can only say: if you us MS products it's your
own fault.

regards

Daniel
special interest site: http://www.bauer-nudes.com