Re: [SLE] SPAM: unsubscribe
  • From: Bruce Marshall <bmarsh@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2006 17:51:26 -0400
On Tuesday 18 July 2006 17:43, Damon Register wrote:
> have been noticing these unsubscribe messages and I am
> curious about why many have SPAM in the subject line.  Did
> I miss the answer to that one?

I just checked one of the original msgs and it rated a 5.5 on Spamassassin and
5.0 makes it a SPAM. It also came in as an HTML message which is one of
the strikes against it.

I can only think that SuSE checks for spam but in any case if the mail came
from a list member, it allows it through. Or some other criteria - list
member + low spam score?