[SLE] Good Sturdy Email Client- wanting recomendations
  • From: "Shane A Broomhall (AUST)" <shaneb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2006 10:53:41 +1000
Hi All,

One of the things that have prevented me from moving from windows to Linux is
having the email client, evolution crash all the time with the volume of email
I have.

My total email volume is about 800-1000 emails per day, most of them from
lists and are directed to folders. After I have about 2 thousand or so emails
Evolution starts behaving badly, in it crashes and freezes. Well the last
time I tried to migrate about 2 years ago it did. I have a total of 4.9G in
Outlook public folders, which i will want to convert across.

Can anyone reccomend a good GUI email client which will be sturdy enough to
cope with high volumes of email, and has the ability to cope with automatic
rules for forwarding the mail.

I have purchased a copy of Crossover office pro to allow for me to run outlook
if necessary, but would rather not have to use that.

Cheers for now, and thanks in advance,

Shane B