Re: [opensuse] Re: MiniSUSE project page.
  • From: jdd <jdd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 23 Jul 2006 14:49:32 +0200

jdd wrote:

Pascal Bleser wrote:

I'm afraid you are dreaming of something that is not technically
feasible :\

technically, all is feasible :-) - just a matter of willness.

Sorry, don't take this personally, but that's the dumbest statement in
IT. No, technically, not everything is feasible.

it's possible, others do :-()

Knoppix, DSL, do a great step in the direction we try to go. Debian do. so don't say it's impossible.

the people who programmed busybox did a great job shrinking the stuff. I used to work with mulinux, even with X and three floppies.

it's not the way SUSE worked until now, so it wont be easy.

I think miniSUSE is far from asking a so important shrinking, but working in that direction could also slower the movement to always more than is very visible (not only here :-).

of course building miniSUSE will need some compilation :-) (for us, not necessarily for the user)

http://lwn.net/Distributions/

jdd

--
http://www.dodin.net