Re: [opensuse] The state of openSUSE
  • From: Thomas Hertweck <Thomas.Hertweck@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2006 21:23:02 +0100

jdd wrote:
> [...]
> you have problems related to general decision. modules are
> lacking because they was causing problems, not for I don't
> know what kind if hazardous decision. this is explained on
> the wiki.

Could you, at least, try to write proper English? Then I would have a
chance to understand what you mean...

> [...]
> nice. it's why these module where removed. and we couldn't
> afford to way.

Again, what does this mean? I don't understand it. But don't start to
use "we" because you are obviously talking about your opinion, not the
opinion of us all. Your opinion is at least not my opinion.

> [...]
> if my house is at risk, I can't wait for a friendly solution.

What has this to do with the problem we've discussed?

> [...]
> i this make it more complicated. This is the price to pay
> for safety. why bother to have a firewall? this is
> complicated! remove it... same thing

Again, your only writing flames.

> [...]
> ask Nvidia!! I use Nvidia with stock drivers without any
> problem (no use of 3d)

NVIDIA is not responsible for the functionality that was offered in
YaST. It was a service provided by Novell/SUSE and many users liked it.
It has been removed in the initial version of SUSE 10.1. This made the
installation process less comfortable for the user. So why should I
blame NVIDIA for this? You didn't get the point. Hopefully, the end user
got some of the functionality now back if I understood Marcus' email
correctly. As I said before, from my point of view it would have been
better to have a solution in place before dropping the original
functionality. Some of the changes are really painful for users and, no,
I don't share your opinion that immediate action was required - a better
transition would have been possible. Hopefully, we'll see some of these
problems solved in the long run with the build service offered by Novell.

> [...]
> so don't say we must follow unbutu because it have more user
> than we have. I just show you how this argument sucks.

You didn't show anything useful. Well, you showed that you didn't
understand what this is all about and what the points are. Sorry.

Cheers,
Th.