Re: [SLE] new at wireless configuration
  • From: "Ed Harrison" <eharrison@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 31 May 2006 20:13:19 -0400
** Reply to message from Ricardo Rodríguez - XEN <rrodriguez@xxxxxxx> on Thu, 01 Jun 2006 01:37:23 +0200

> Please, how could I debug/solve this issue?
>
> Once again, thanks for your help,
>
> Ricardo

This is from an earlier post about ndiswrapper:

It worked. Man ifup-dhcp does nothing. I have no idea what it is, but all I know is that when I did a ifup-dhcp wlan0 -o debug,auto, dhcp assigned an address to wlan0 .

Go figure, thanks everyone

Jim.

I have also had success using ifup-dhcp wlan0, only. I did not have to add the -o debug,auto to get my to get an address.If wlan0 should happen to be unavailable, try ifup-dhcp wlan1. One of them should be there.

By the way, in YaST did you configure your card with module "ndiswrapper"? ndiswrapper -m sets up the modprobe.conf file, and this entry for the card module in YaST should load it at startup.

Ed Harrison, Linux User # 199533
SuSE10.0, Kernel 2.6.15
PolarBar Mailer 1.26