Re: [SLE] KVM switch?
  • From: "Hylton Conacher (ZR1HPC)" <hylton@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 01 Jun 2006 12:32:09 +0200
To all those who are having problems switching the mouse between Windows and the SuSE XWindows session, I have successfully used the below procedure and it works EVERY time.

I have a no name desktop 2 node PS/@ switch.
Whenever I want to switch to Windows from Linux, then I make certain that the Linux is on CLI ie Ctrl-Alt=F2 before I toggle the switch.

I can then 'work' in Windows and when I want my real OS back, I switch the switch and am greeted by a blank screen. I Ctrl-Alt=F7 and XWindows returns with full mouse capability.

The key is that Linux MUST be in CLI mode before switching else you will lose mouse connectivity when switching back and possibly kb too.

HiH, although with the comments on this list I will be investing in a IOGear switch as soon as financially possible.