Re: [SLE] KDE updates 10.1
  • From: Leendert Meyer <leen.meyer@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2006 11:51:51 +0200
On Friday 02 June 2006 10:25, Erik Jakobsen wrote:
> Leendert Meyer wrote:
> > Found it: smart upgrade --download
> >
> > This is even better: smart upgrade --update --download
> > (an equivalent of apt update && apt upgrade)
> >
> > Well, lots of discovering to do... :P
>
> I used Your idea above, and I then after got 38 new packages in the
> channel. But when smart reach the point where it actually should do the
> upgrade, it is
> standing from now, and until I get bored with it only showing "Computing
> transactions ...."
>
> What is that,

No idea.

> and what logfile shows what smart does ?.

Use the CLI (command line interface). Type 'smart --help', and look at
the --log... option. Set it to 'error' first. I think you get incrementially
more log output if you set it to warning, info and debug.

After that run smart like you did before. Maybe

smart <your_options> 2>&1 | tee /tmp/smart.log.

See if you get error messages. Do those give you a clue?

Cheers,

Leen