Re: [SLE] zmd Updater
  • From: Peter Bloomfield <peter.bloomfield@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2006 09:58:57 -0400
On Monday 05 June 2006 17:07, Peter Bloomfield wrote:
> I am running 10.1 and hit a slight snag with zmd.
>
> I updated zmd with the test packages at the end of last week, and
> everything seemed to be fine. However, I now notice in the
> /var/log/zmd-messages.log file that I get the following message.
>
> Unhandled exception in 'Stopped' handler: database is locked (code: BUSY)
>
> I noticed that issuing the command 'rczmd stop' failed to do as requested,
> and left the process running, which I am guessing is an effect of the
> database locked.
>
> Has anyone else seen this, and if so , what is the best means to correct
> it?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Peter
I managed to fix this problem. I sure that there is a better method but it
worked here. I did the following
1. Killed the zmd process, using the kill command, 'rczmd stop' did not work

2. Delete all the files, sub-directories etc in the following directories,
/var/lib/zmd
/var/lib/zypp
At this point 'rczmd start' and 'rczmd stop' started working.

3. Issued command 'rczmd start'

4. Deleting the files in step 2 resulted in all the entries in 'Installation
Source' of YaST going AWOL, so I re-entered them, hit 'finish' button
and all is back. I can update via the zen-updater.

This is probably a 'ham-fisted' way of fixing it, but it seems to have done
the job.

Peter