[SLE] backuppc
  • From: "Lachlan Simpson" <lachlan.simpson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2006 09:36:19 +1000
Hola,

has anyone installed Backuppc on SUSE 10.1, and if they have, can I ask where they
installed it, where they put their backups and conf files?

I installed it on the weekend, and it seems all wrong - somehow I got the backups in
/home and the conf was in /home and I think the install ended up in /usr/local

I'm much more accustomed to Debian admin (where it is all done for you , I know, i'm a
slack admin) where:

/etc/backuppc/ was the conf

/var/lib/backuppc is where all the backups went (and because I knew that's where they
would go, I made it a large partition)

and

/usr/share is where the install went.

This makes sense to me.

As I'm not used to installing things from source (though it was easy enough, and I did
enjoy it) I now have to ask a newbie question :)

Where do people put non-Yast/RPM installs on their machines? Is there a convention that
/usr/share is the place?

Cheers

L.
---
Lachlan Simpson, National Database & IT Support Officer
National Office
The Wilderness Society
57E Brisbane Street, Hobart TAS 7000, AUSTRALIA
lachlan.simpson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Ph (03) 6270 1798
http://www.wilderness.org.au