[SLE] 10.1/nVidia Driver Nasty Bug
  • From: "Andrei Verovski (aka MacGuru)" <andreil1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2006 00:05:16 +0300
Hi,

I have absolutely strange glitch on 10.1 (stock kernel from DVD, GeForce 5500)
with nVidia driver 8762. Compilation and installation of nVidia kernel module
went without any problem, commands like modprobe, switch2nviadia and glxinfo
run successfully, but sax2 -r -m 0=nvidia (and x.org) cannot switch to any
other resolution but 800x600/60 Hz. No matter what I have tried (recompile
nVidia driver, restart PC, editing xorg.conf manually, etc).

nVidia dummy driver can run on any other resolution which monitor supports, as
well as 10.0 and the same nVidia 8762 driver.

There is a new kernel at:
ftp://ftp.gwdg.de/linux/suse/opensuse/repositories/Kernel/SUSE_Linux_10.1/i586
but kernel rpm and kernel-source DO NOT match:
kernel-default-2.6.16.18-1.1.i586
kernel-source-2.6.16.18-20.1.i586

Anyone have an idea how to solve this?

Thanks in advance.