Re: [opensuse] openSUSE community page
  • From: jdd <jdd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 17 Jun 2006 12:51:20 +0200
Martin Schlander wrote:
Lørdag 17 juni 2006 11:40 skrev jdd:

I also largely edited the community definition to reflect
part of the discussion(s) we had here. in summary I say "In
fact, if you think you are a member, want to be a member,
ask if you are a member, then your are probably one :-)"

I personally distinguish between the "OpenSUSE community" and the "SUSE Linux community" - where we, the OpenSUSE community are a (small) part of the broader SUSE Linux community.

SUSE Linux community:
Pretty much anybody using the distro - maybe not granny Smith, who has no idea what she's using other than that her grandchild installed it for her and that it runs great.

OpenSUSE community/project participants: People who test, bugreport, write on wiki, give feedback to devs, discuss future direction of the distro, promote SUSE Linux etc.

this is why I choosed to say that anybody that wants to be part of the community is already part of it :-). I he don't know about the community anyway he don't care :-)

jdd

--
http://www.dodin.net
http://lucien.dodin.net