Re: [SLE] any install-time option for installing multiple languages?
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 07 May 2006 12:41:29 +0200
James Knott wrote:

> I've never done this, but I seem to recall that with OO, you can
> install various languages. Also, KDE Control Center has a method for
> selecting language, which can be configured on a per user basis.
> Does this help?

Hi James,

not much :-), but thanks anyway. The optimal situation would be as
follows:

1) During installation, I would have an option that lets me choose which
languages to install - keyword "languageS", not "language". Today when
I pick e.g. Greek, I get the proper language version of all packages,
except those for which no Greek version exists. AT install time I
would then pick e.g. German+English+French and have all the appropriate
packages installed.

2) Each user would have the option of choosing a language through the
KDE Personal Preferences.

AFAICS, #1 is not an option today unless I've completely overlooked it.
#2 is an option, but I'm not sure how well it works even when I've
installed additional languages.

/Per Jessen, Z├╝rich