Re: [SLE] SuSE on an external hard drive
  • From: "Mr. Benjamin Meis" <adhdsibling@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 May 2006 14:36:17 -0700 (PDT)

--- "Hylton Conacher (ZR1HPC)" <hylton@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

http://channels.lockergnome.com/linux/archives/20060313_how_to_run_linux_on_a_usb_drive.phtml

> This is a link I have had for a while, hope it helps
> as I have not tried it.
>
> You might also want to check Linux USB
> devices;http://www.linux-usb.org/
> and check that the drive enclosure is supported.
>
> Let us know

Thanks for the help, but one, the HP tool would
reformat my whole drive, not just a partition. Two, I
am trying to use the full SuSE linux, not a live
distro, cuz those are VERY limited in funcionality.
And three, no I didn't find my enclosure on the
website. If anyone knows where I can get the driver,
my enclosure is made by CP Technologies model
CP-U2H-3H. Thanks again for helping point the way a
bit.
Ben