Re: [SLE] Nvidia / AV Out Not Center
  • From: Brad Bourn <brad@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 May 2006 13:49:56 -0600
On Thursday 25 May 2006 12:55 pm, Carl Hartung wrote:
> On Thursday 25 May 2006 13:11, Brad Bourn wrote:
> > See the README.txt file for more information.....
>
> Brad,
>
> Have you followed this entire thread or are you just 'tuning in'?

I've followed it off and on looking for anything that I might be able to help
with.

Didn't see anything that rung any bells until the summery of all the warning
in the startup log. The ones about all the modes rung a bell of the EDID
override that had to do to get my widescreen modeline to work and set the
proper DPI. Hence the suggestion.

Why? Was it bad information? Redundant?

Automation is a good thing overall, but usually has some overlap of not
letting custom settings shut off the automation at first. The latest drivers
from nVidia seem to do the EDID corretly now for the widescreen.

Trying to help with the little 2cents I had.

B-)