Re: [SLE] Workaroud for a SATA nForce 250 SCSI Parity Error problem
  • From: Florin <hatespam00-mlist@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 26 May 2006 16:05:36 -0700 (PDT)
Hi Silviu,

You'll find quite a few if you google for "sata_nv" and "scsi parity error"

There are problems with VIA chipsets as well but at least on my home computer (with VIA) the sata drive is loaded as an IDE and I can use ide=nodma to get around the issue - the HDD access won't be very fast but at least it works without lockups.

This is not the case however with nForce 250 chipset where ide=nodma is "invalid" and thus ignored. Haven't tried with other nVidia chipsets though.

Strangely enough that SLES 9 will work OK as long as DMA is disabled ...

Regards (aka numa cele bune :-)
Florin